10/15/12

One more halloween treat...

Today is the final day of Clear and Simple's October Release.  What have you thought so far?  I think its been a lot of fun!  Today is all about Well Preserved.  They have several jar sets that are sure to knock your socks off!  I have whipped up a little halloween treat.  Check it out...

IMG_8341

First, I made the card using the Gingham background and then a jar from the Well Preserved Medium Jar set.  I added in some corn candy from Trendy Tags, an older CSS set, as well as the happy halloween sentiment from Trinket Sentiments.  I colored the corn candy with Copics and attached it to the card with some foam tape.  

IMG_8343

Next, I added my favorite fall treat, Corn Candy and Peanuts (you have seen this pretty recently on my blog...its so yummy!  And I have lots of treats to make...so I have one gigantic bowl of this stuff!)  I took one of the jar dies and used it as a tag, stamping this fun little sentiment from Well Preserved.  So many possibilities with that sentiment right?

IMG_8347

I wanted to show a close up of the ruffle.  To do this, I took ATG tape and ran it around the inside layer of the jar lid.  Then I added the crape paper around by ruffling and pressing it down into the tape.  I punched out a black circle and after putting the lid onto the jar, pressed the black circle down and then screwed the lid on.  I added in this fun halloween twine to attach the little jar tag.  I thought the ruffle was an fun little touch because I didn't have any fabric handy.  I am thinking I will use this trick again and again!

IMG_8350

That's it for me today!  I can't wait to see what the other girls have for us!  Here is a list of links to check out...



I so appreciate all of your visits! Thanks for stopping and taking the time to leave such sweet comments!  Hope you have a great day!

12 comments:

  1. Its look like you are doing so much of R&D for these Site content, I really appreciate you very much.burun estetigi

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute!! One of my friends LOVES peanuts & candy corn, I always think of her when I see it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love what you did with the jar! Another fun release!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute project. Crape paper!!! I have not thought about crape paper in ages. I like the way you decorated the jar full of treats - very eye pleasing treats.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy little project Laurie! I must live on another planet because I've never heard of the candy corn peanut mix! What kind of peanuts do you use, they look like Planters dry roasted?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the lines and angles of your card! Super project!
    Hugs!
    x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey, I recognize that twine!! :) Such a cute project. Love the gingham placemat... now I have to try that peanut mix! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Adorable card! I love the crafty ruffle you created on your jar! I never tried peanuts with candy corn. I'll have to try that while candy corn is readily available.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Yummy card and gift! So perfect for Halloween! ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This card is soooo clever, Laurie, makes me want to pull up a chair and have a bite to eat!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS