11/24/13

CONgrats...

So I've been playing with this embossing paste.  I love it.  I've used it plain white.  I've tinted it pink, blue, yellow and today....gray.   All I did was put a tiny bit of paste on a plate, and then used 2 drops of Provincial Gray reinker (I linked the ink below bc it wouldn't let me link the reinker) and then smushed it around with my Cricut spatula.

IMG_0564

One of the hardest things for me is the thought of making a mess.  I've said it before...several times, I know...but I like controlled mess.  So this was a tad hard for me.  I feel like the embossing paste is not in perfect placement, but when chatting about this with Joy, she said...don't think about it.  :)  This card is totally Joy inspired.

Next, I took the Diagonal Stripe stencil from Simon Says and just added the paste all over it.  I used my Cricut spatula for this messy job and it worked wonderfully.  I love that tool.  If you don't have a Cricut (yes, the die cut machine) spatula, run out and get one.  It is good for SO many crafty things.  Then I added in a black banner with the little Simon Says tag and a sentiment from Square Sayings.  It needed a little extra, so I added in the wooden arrow.  

IMG_0560

If you haven't tried this stuff yet, do it.  SO fun!  I love just let it sit and it dries beautifully.  If you are in a hurry, it heat embosses beautifully as well.   I love the texture it adds too.  



Supply List:

19 comments:

  1. I haven't tinted mine, yet, but it looks fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this card and the tinted embossing paste! It is so fun and adds just the right touch to a card. TFS!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Absolutely love this Laurie. Right there with you on the mess part. Haven't tipped over the edge to buy the embossing paste yet and just put my distress inks in a different part of my craft room to see if I really reach for them that often! Don't like the mess from them either... :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. love love love this! I use it occasionally, but with the same train of thought- clean and controlled!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got some too, but no stencils, I thought I could make something with the silhouette. I really can't wait, especially after seeing your card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh this is FUN!! Love the texture and your cute arrow!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! This is awesome, Laurie! And Joy is so right - when using embossing paste, ya gotta just let go and never worry about perfection. I'm so happy you enjoyed using this fun product! Your card is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fabulous!! Love it in grey! Don't have any paste yet, may have to consider it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm with you, Laurie! I'm all about controlled messes. Maybe because there are already so many messes each day that I can't control. ;) This card is FAB! I love the embossing past and Joy's advice made for one heck of a card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Way to TRENDY OUT a card~ Love the paste stripes

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE this!!!! The tinted paste is fantastic and I love that wood veneer arrow!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your card, Laurie! Definitely inspired by Debby, but also, very 'You'! The tag is fabulous and the black banner is the perfect touch!
    Thanks for the tip about the reinker...such a great idea and it looks beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, wow, this looks so cool, Laurie!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Holy COW, Laurie! I LOOOOOOOVE this card! It's so amazing! I MUST MUST MUST get some of that embossing paste! LOVE!!!!!!! <3

    ReplyDelete
  15. I don't think I can even handle a "controlled" mess when I'm crafting! I'm phobic of most messy techniques, including glitter, but your experiments with the embossing paste definitely have me intrigued. Love the pale gray tint of it here and the crisp black banner to ground the tag.

    ReplyDelete
  16. This is beautiful Laurie! I love how you used the embossing paste and I love the "neat but messy" look of the card! :)

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS