2/13/15

Make it Market Mini: Lovely Laurels

Welcome back, crafty friends!  Today is another fun day in the Papertrey Ink Release countdown.  Today we have a scavenger hunt and a mini kit release to share.  

Laurie

Everyone at Papertrey Ink is excited to share the news of Betsy Veldman's new Make It Market Mini Kits!  The first one being released this weekend, on Sunday, February 15th.  To help celebrate, the entire design team is participating in a little scavenger hunt!  Be sure to visit Nichole's blog for all the details so you can play along!  EIGHT $80 Papertrey Gift Certificates will be awarded to the participants!

This first card was so fun to make and is not as CAS as it looks.  First off, I took a full card front and stamped the the Lovely Laurels wreath on the front.  It's not just Simply Chartreuse though.  I took Ripe Avocado, Spring Moss and Simply Chartreuse and rubbed them on to an acrylic block.  Next, I spritzed the block with water and then used that as my ink pad.  I stamped the wreath 3 times on to the card base, stamping off twice.  I added in the sentiment in black in in the middle.  I grabbed a banner from Tag Sale #10 die and stamped the sentiment.  I scored the ends of the banner to make it a little 3D and then attached it to the card front.  Last, I took the pink twine from the kit and tied 6 french knots throughout the wreath to look like little roses.  I used foam tape to adhere the whole card front down to the card base.  CAS but not so CAS.  :)

IMG_0572

This new Mini Kit includes a mini stamp set with a laurel wreath and small images to accent it with.  Gorgeous patterned papers in pretty pastels serve as quick and easy card fronts.  The coordinating die is an open face die so you can cut the wreath from the papers or stamp first, then cut.  Since it does not cut at the bottom and top, it allows you to bend the leaves upward for dimension.  Also included in the kit are flower & leaf sequins, leaf ribbon and twine.  

IMG_0568

I decided to use one of the card front for my next card.  I cut the laurel wreath out in the new gold adhesive sheets and trimmed the laurel wreath around the edges.  I stamped the sentiment right on the pattern paper and then added in 3 little white flower sequins to the middle.  So quick and easy!

IMG_0569

That's all I have for today but the other girls have lots more to see.  Stop by there blogs for more mini kit inspiration!



Tomorrow is going to be a fun day.  That's all I'm saying.  :)  

24 comments:

  1. So sweet and feminine! Beautiful job, Laurie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely. Just lovely. I'm also loving the new gold adhesive sheets!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Laurie... you had me at French Knots! So beautiful!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your little french knot detail!

    ReplyDelete
  5. LB! Your creations always inspire and this is no exception. I always love seeing your CAS style each time I happen by your blog! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my! Both are gorgeous, but I have to say that top card made me gasp! It has such a lovely shabby chic quality, yet is really rather clean and simple. A perfect combo. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. So pretty. Love the crispness of the white base. Clean and simple, with impact.

    ReplyDelete
  8. French knots!!! They totally make the look. As you say, not so CAS but it still looks so pure and unaffected.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh yes - Love the French knot flowers!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful stamping on the laurels wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Pure sweet elegance on both cards!
    Most excellent needlework:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love those French knots! What a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh my, Laurie, you gals have rocked Betsy's new mini kit. Really enjoyed seeing so many different ways to use it from CAS to stepped up designs. Great idea adding French knots (not sure I remember how to make those). Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the French Knots on the first card - perfect detail on the wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I love both cards -- the tiny roses on the first one and the gold on the beautiful paper on the second one -- what a beautiful kit and what wonderful cards in the hands of such a wonderful DT!

    ReplyDelete
  16. So pretty, I love the little flowers on that first card!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Love the simplicity of the first card - elegant with a touch of those little flowers, adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Simple but elegant. Love them both.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hi Laurie, Simple and Sweet and Elegant cards! The one with the gold wreath is a keeper!

    Cariños,
    Maria Alba

    ReplyDelete
  20. Love these CAS beauties the most of all!

    ReplyDelete

I appreciate all of your comments! Comments are moderated so they may not show up right away. Thank you for taking the time to stop in!

 
BLOG TEMPLATE BY DESIGNER BLOGS